Tuesday, October 04, 2011

1970 Isle of Wight Music Festival Exhibition (40th Anniversary) - Swansea Museum (17/09/11 - 31/12/12) - Jimi Hendrix & Rory Gallagher (Taste)


An exhibition of circa 100 rarely seen photographs of the 1970 Isle of Wight Music Festival are on display at Swansea Museum from 17 September until 31 December 2011. The images include Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Rory Gallagher (Taste), Jethro Tull, Miles Davis, Leonard Cohen, et al. The photographs were taken by Charles Everest.

At the Festival Charles Everest was in charge of press liaison which give him the opportunity to take photographs of the performers - not only on stage - but behind the scenes, giving him a unique perspective of the event. I was fortunate to be at this amazing festival with my brother. It is heartbreaking to reflect on the number of remarkable musicians who played at the event and have since died.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good music taste! Mate. Jimi is one of my all time favorties. I'm a basse player myself. I'm from finland. I'm a Finish Swede so my English very good. The guitarists get all the women. Bloody hell.

Anonymous said...

I mean my English is NOT very good. Sorry mate.

Ronnie Kerrigan said...

Hi jukkabysea,

Thanks for your comments.

Jimi had the talent, and the looks, and his early death remains a tragic loss.

Not all lead guitarists are good looking! Sometimes it's the lead vocalists who get the girls aka Mick Jagger, Robert Plant, etc.,

Best regards
Ronnie

Fire Dragon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David said...

Amazing songs! I like music from ceremonies and festivals. I recommend all to visit http://melodyloops.com/ and download some great background music which has a relaxing effect.